Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wedding Venues & Helpful Hints

Every wedding venue is unique.  Before choosing the perfect site to have your wedding, there are tons of little details to consider.  For example:

Planning an outdoor wedding?  Make sure the ceremony site is on a flat surface.  Uneven ground causes crooked arches or slanted chuppahs.  Knollwood Country Club & Golf Course, Granada Hills provides a great outdoor setting on flat land.  One of my favorite wedding set ups was there.


The Castaway, Burbank is a large venue that offers a variety of sites.  They can accommodate small to large parties and everything in between.  I've done about 8 weddings at The Castaway, each one different and unique.




Before booking a venue, find out what kind of day of, event coordinating the venue offers.  It is so important to have a day of coordinator.  I hate watching brides trying to do everything themselves the day of their wedding.  The day of, a bride should be getting her hair done, getting her make up done, relaxing with her girls and being excited about getting married!  I have to give a very honorable mention to Pam, the event coordinator at The Pierpont Inn , Ventura.  The day of the wedding, it was pouring rain.  Of course the ceremony was supposed to take place outside.  After doing a quick walk through of the property with Pam, we decided to relocate the ceremony indoors.  She directed her crew to set up chairs and placed the band in a central area.  This wedding would have been a complete disaster without a day of coordinator. 

Most venues provide a day of coordinator with a wedding package, pay the extra money to have one.  If you're renting a venue and doing everything yourself, ask me about event coordinators.  I can recommend some great ones for you!

3 comments:

  1. Great thoughts Tiana. Just wanted to add a Day of the Event Coordinator will work with you a month before the events so they know what you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great, it so very wonderful wedding

    Just like to share with you a life quote...

    "I love my past. I love my present. I'm not ashamed of what I've had, and I'm not sad because I have it no longer. " -- Colette

    You can get more life quotes at http://quotelandia.com/category/life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contented to know about this helpful information on wedding venues. Couple of months ago, arranged my sister’s wedding at one of exotic event venues Chicago. Had a joyful time there that evening. Really loved it!

    ReplyDelete