Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love is in the air....

Getting married on Valentine's Day is very romantic, but also very expensive.  Unfortunately I don't dictate the price of flowers on this crazy holiday, but if I did, I would make everything less expensive so no guy would have an excuse to not get flowers for his wife or girlfriend.  Girls love getting flowers!

Valentine's Day and Mother's Day weekend are two very expensive times of the year to get married.  On Valentine's Day, the cost of red roses almost triples.  Mother's Day, pink roses are the flower of choice.  Keep that in mind when you're planning your wedding. 

This was actually the first year I had a wedding booked on Valentine's Day.  The ceremony was held at South Coast Botanical Gardens  in Palos Verdes Peninsula.  And the reception was at the beautiful Portofino Yacht Club in Redondo Beach.  The venue has full panoramic views of the ocean with an outdoor area right over the water for cocktail hours.  If I didn't forget my camera at home, I would have had better pictures.  I guess a camera phone is better than nothing...



Arch arrangement consisted of red freedom roses, burgundy carnations, red gerbera daisies, white spider mums and white wax flowers.  The centerpieces matched the same floral scheme but were accented with black feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment